As we inch closer to the end of the year, it's time for content creators and influencers to start planning their content strategy for 2023. What types of content should you be creating before the year ends and as we welcome the new year? In this blog post, we will share 6 content ideas that you can create to help your audience and community.
1. Round-up content
As the year comes to a close, it's a great time to take a look back at all that has happened. Whether you want to reflect on the highlights of the year or provide your audience with some fun nostalgia, a round-up content piece is a great way to do it.
Here are a few content ideas that are perfect for a year-end round-up:
- Compile a list of the most popular content pieces from your site,
- Create an engaging roundup video summarizing your photos and videos from the year,
- Share your readers' favorite products or services,
- Or highlight the biggest industry news from the past year.
Whatever you choose to include, make sure it's something that will resonate with your audience and leave them looking forward to what's to come in the new year.
2. Post your #LifeLately
You’ve likely been up to a lot as the year winds down. Why not share some of your personal adventures with your audience? Doing so helps give them an inside peek at who you are and how you live.
A recent #LifeLately hashtag has become trending on TikTok and Instagram. You can post snippets of your life over the course of a day or week — where you've been, what you've been doing, or just pick random snaps from your camera roll. It's simply just doing life lately.
Now that most of the audience loves looking at raw and authentic content, these posts are just what they need to relate to and connect with you. And we say, yes, don't be afraid to go raw and mundane.
3. Share your personal reflections
The end of the year is a great time to reflect on your growth and development over the past 12 months. Writing blog posts or creating videos about what you've been learning, how you've changed, and why it matters is an amazing way to connect with your audience in a meaningful way.
When writing your reflections, provide insight into the emotions, challenges, and lessons you've experienced this past year. Doing so will help your audience become more engaged and interested in what you have to say.
Get creative, add your own twist, and come up with something amazing.
4. Post Christmas & New Year's ideas
Christmas and New Years are just around the corner, which means it's a great opportunity to create content related to what you're doing for the holidays.
Some ideas include tutorials on how to make your own holiday decorations, gift guides, recipes for festive meals that your followers can recreate at home, or virtual holiday hangouts with your audience. As this is timely and relevant, ensure you post your content before the festive season.
This is a great way for your audience to learn about your Holiday traditions and a festive way to curate your holiday content as well. Here’s one that one of our clients recently did that we really like:
5. Curated list of resolutions for next year
It's that time of year again! The holidays are over, and it's time to start thinking about what you want to accomplish in the coming year. If you're like most people, you probably have a long list of items you'd like to cross off your to-do list. But with so many options, it can be tough to choose which ones are truly worth your time and energy.
How about a few ideas to help you (share them with your audience, too!):
- Get in shape: This one's a classic for a reason. Getting in shape is not only good for your health, but it can also boost your energy levels and confidence. There are tons of ways to do it, so find an activity and/or meal plan that you enjoy and make it a part of your routine.
- Spend more time with loved ones: It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and lose track of what's truly important. Make a vow to spend more quality time with your loved ones in 2020. Whether it's going on regular date nights with your partner or taking the kids on monthly outings, make family time a priority.
- Learn something new: Keep your mind sharp by learning something new in 2020. Take a cooking class, learn how to play an instrument, or pick up a new hobby. Not only will you expand your skillset, but you might just have some fun in the process!
- Travel more: Seeing new places is one of the best ways to broaden your horizons and open yourself up to new experiences. If you want to do more travel, make it a resolution for next year. Whether you take a weekend trip or plan an extended vacation, getting out there and exploring is sure to be enriching.
6. Host giveaways and contests
Hosting giveaways and contests is an excellent way for influencers to engage with their followers and build their brands. Giveaways give followers a chance to win prizes, while contests allow them to showcase their talents and creativity. As an influencer, this is a great way for you to give back as well.
Additionally, hosting giveaways and contests can help you increase your following and engagement since it encourages people to follow your account and interact with your content. You can also create themed giveaways and contests to fit with the season or upcoming holiday. This will draw in more followers who are interested in particular topics or products.
Just make sure to clearly state the rules of each giveaway and contest and the criteria for picking winners. This will ensure a fair selection process and help keep your followers happy. Also, in the United States, if any single prize is over $599 or if the total prizes are worth over $5,000, special sweepstakes rules apply.
Keep Building Your Slate of Instagram Content
With these post ideas in your pocket, you're ready to get started. Keep building your slate of content and create posts that will help you reach your goals, engage with followers, and grow your presence on your social media channels.
Here's a quick read on to some of our existing guides for more tips.
- Trends to Shape Influencer Marketing in 2023
- 4 Ways Brands Can Leverage Influencer Instagram Stories
- Top 6 Social Media Trends to Expect in 2023
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Video Content Marketing
- Power of Authenticity in Influencer Marketing
The Bottom Line
Having these content ideas in mind will help ensure that you have a steady stream of content for your followers. Remember to modify each idea and make it your own while still providing value to your audience. Don't be afraid to mix things up and have a little fun with it.
Sign up and become part of our rosters of influencers today.